UPDATE: 1:15 PM: Add Netflix to the list of places that will stream The Interview . The company said in revealing its stellar Q4 earnings today that the Sony Pictures comedy will be available in the U.S. and Canada beginning this Saturday, 30 days after it was in theaters. The move was widely expected, even though Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos mostly sidestepped questions about the movie during his TCA session January 7 . "I'm not going to talk about The Interview right now," was the closest thing to an answer reporters got from him. Later off the stage, Sarandos said he was still hoping to bring the controversial pic to his streaming service. "People want to see the movie and we want to be able to deliver the movie," he said. PREVIOUS, 9:34 AM: The latest tally is in for Sony's The Interview . The controversial comedy that was the target of an unprecedented hack attack against the studio has racked up more than $40 million in cable, satellite, telecom and online VOD sales from December 24, 2014 through Sunday, January 18, the studio said today. Theatrically, the film has grossed $6 million to date since its limited Christmas Day release. "We always said… Read full this story
- Virtually a reality: Oculus Rift goes on sale for $599 [Updated]
- The chilling true stories behind Netflix’s Mindhunter including a murderous scout leader and the killer who slept with his victims’ corpses
- Streaming by the numbers: What do these Netflix and Amazon ratings actually mean?
- Netflix given €57,000 tax rebate by UK government in 2018
- How Will We Know If Netflix’s
- Netflix holds its own amid growing competition
- Netflix adds 8.8 million subscribers in Q4 2019 despite Disney Plus challenge
- Netflix holds its own in streaming wars against Apple and Disney’s new services
- What Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ Leaves Out: British Spies Protected Prince Philip’s Secret Life
- Intl. TV Newswire: Discovery U.K. Records, Netflix Stop Motion, Annecy Growth
- ViacomCBS Sets Exec Leadership Team For Ad Sales, Distribution, Licensing, Consumer Products; Sean Moran & Tom Gorke To Exit
- Doom Eternal PC Pre-Orders On Sale For 20% Off
‘The Interview’ Headed To Netflix As VOD Sales Pass $40M – Update have 344 words, post on deadline.com at August 20, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.