One day, four carts, three guys, one 1973 Volkswagen Baja Bug: it was a quest to find the best halal cart chicken and rice in New York City. Let me start with outlining the basic details of the trip, inspired by me saying that Halal Guys is the best halal cart in NYC and Jalopnik readers telling me I am a brain dead slob who couldn’t tell chicken and rice (unarguably the best street food/drunk food in New York) from trash McDonalds peeled off the Bowery subway station floor. Well, they didn’t say all that, but they did tell me three places that were supposedly better than Halal Guys. Naturally, I had to test their claims. Here are the four spots: Sammy’s Halal in Jackson Heights, Queens King of Falafel and Shawarma in Astoria, Queens Tony Dragonas in Midtown, Manhattan Halal Guys in Midtown, Manhattan On Saturday, the 8th of February 2014, my brother Jacob, my friend Adam, and I crammed into my 1973 Baja Bug and set off for Queens for a four-hour escapade of meat sweats and chili tears. What we found out was that there isn’t a clear best/worst ranking of these four spots. Each of the… Read full this story
- The best film scenes of 2017
- Two Dancers Fired by NYC Ballet Over Nude Photo Accusations
- Suit says NYC's top-schools diversification plan discriminates against Asian-Americans
- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio Campaigns in Iowa as He Mulls Presidential Run
- Treasures of Transylvania: You'll love the fairy-tale towns, rich history and the road deemed 'the best in the world' by Top Gear - just beware of the bears
- Fury as prison bosses served non-Halal sausages to Levi Bellfield and other Muslim lags
- Jackets--These Six, In Particular--Are the Best Part of Spring
- NYC police looking for man in rice cooker bomb scare
- Cal’s Best carted off field in game vs. Oregon St.
- Attorney in 'Boys Don't Cry' case in Nebraska burns himself to death in NYC in ecology protest
- The Latest: NYC subway scare suspect has criminal past
- Pop-Ups and Kiosks, and Carts – Oh My! Specialty Leases Take Shopping Centers by Storm
The Best Halal Cart In NYC have 347 words, post on jalopnik.com at February 13, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.