Thai tourism officials plan to propose a new closing time for night venues in tourist-heavy areas. The Tourism and Sports Minister plans to propose that the closing time move to 4am in these areas, as 'high season' is coming in October. He said the ministry plans to suggest the idea to the CCSA next month (September). Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn has said that this new closing time would only apply to areas that are hotspots for foreign tourists. He said… "However, the opening hour extensions will be in specific zones in tourist cities such as Khaosan Road in Bangkok, Walking Street in Pattaya, and Bangla Road in Patong." Phiphat said that if the CCSA, along with provincial governors, approve of the 4am closing time, it will start in October. Thailand's "official" closing times for night venues have been the source of a lot of drama this year. Earlier this year, the closing time was 11pm. After countless entertainment operators complained about how much this had hurt their businesses, the closing time moved to midnight. The closing time finally became 2am and 1am in June, depending on the area. Of course, the "unofficial" closing time has been much later than this for… Read full this story
- Residents say plan for new sewage plant 'will devalue our homes'
- Concerns over plans for new caravan site near beauty spot
- Local Plan proposals for main towns: South-east Northumberland
- Local Plan proposals for main towns: Morpeth and Ponteland
- Madrid plans drastic new rules that could affect 95% of tourist apartments
- Official opening of new toilet block in Whitehead
- Check out plans for new 'urban village' on the banks of the Tyne in Newcastle
- Parents outrage at proposals to close five children’s centres in the Great Yarmouth borough
- Petition launched in bid to move location of proposed new bridge
- The New York Times: Trump’s Cancellation of Pompeo Trip Dashes Hopes in South Korea
- Decision on plans for new homes opposite Tesco postponed
- POLITICO Brussels Influence, presented by the New York Times: Budget deal odds — Angry Mexican investors — A message to you, Rudy
Thai tourism officials plan to propose new closing time for tourist areas have 345 words, post on thethaiger.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.