A residential building in Sydney has been named the best tall building in the world. One Central Park by French design group Ateliers Jean Nouvel and Australia’s PTW, beat 87 other international entries to top the list, and was commended for its visible use of green design. The building’s key features include hanging gardens, a cantilevered heliostat, an internal water recycling plant and low-carbon tri-generation power plant. One Central Park has been awarded a five-star green star by the Green Building Council Australia. The award was given on 7 November by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) based at Chicago’s Illinois Institute of Technology. The council’s executive director and competition juror Antony Wood said of the winning work: “Seeing this project for the first time stopped me dead. One Central Park strongly points the way forward, not only for an essential naturalisation of our built environment, but for a new aesthetic for our cities – an aesthetic entirely appropriate to the environmental challenges of our age.” French landscape artist Patrick Blanc was commissioned to design the 1,120 sqm of vertical gardens that cover the surface of the building. 35,200 plants and 383 different species were used, including… Read full this story
- OSK Property wins big at Malaysia Property Awards
- Five Best Film National Awards in six years is an unusual script in the narrative of any studio
- Apple TV+ shares new 'Big Stink' lyric video for 'Central Park' fans
- Apple TV+ shares another 'Central Park' lyric video, this time for 'The Name is Johnnie Lee'
- Sing along to 'Clean Money' with 'Central Park' and Apple TV+ in this new lyric video
- Don’t Look Up and Succession win at the Writers Guild Awards
- Streaming took over Hollywood. Will it take best picture, too?
- ‘Don’t Look Up’ Wins Best Original Screenplay At 50th Annual Writers Guild Awards; ‘CODA,’ ‘Succession,’ More Win Big
- How to watch all the Oscar-winning movies, from CODA and Dune to King Richard and The Power Of The Dog
- Who Will (and Should) Win at the 2022 Grammys?
- 'CODA' scripts history as Troy Kostur becomes 1st deaf man to win an Oscar; Jane Campion trumps Spielberg, finally, after 29 yrs
- Tata Power Installs EZ Charge EV Chargers At The Buddh International Circuit For 2022 carandbike Awards
Sydney's One Central Park wins international best tall building award have 368 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 11, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.