Stephanie Meadow is first female winner of Irish Professional Golfer of the Year award BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Stephenaie Meadow says she is ‘humbled’ to have been named as the first ever female recipient of the Irish Professional of the Year award. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/stephanie-meadow-is-first-female-winner-of-irish-professional-golfer-of-the-year-award-37626119.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article36376115.ece/d3365/AUTOCROP/h342/7_Canadian_Pacific_.jpg Email Stephenaie Meadow says she is ‘humbled’ to have been named as the first ever female recipient of the Irish Professional of the Year award. The Jordanstown woman was announced as the winner of the Irish Golf Writers’ Association’s headline accolade on Thursday evening after returning from serious injury to regain her full LPGA Tour card for next season. Meadow, 26, is the first woman to win the award since its inception in 1976. The Northern Irishwoman suffered a stress fracture in her spine during the 2017 season, but was unable to avail of a medical exemption on the LPGA Tour, underwent surgery and endured over four months of rehabilitation to resurface with renewed determination in the 2018. Playing on the Symetra Tour, Meadow won the IOA Championship, had nine top-10s during the year and claimed a full LPGA Tour card for next season by finishing sixth on the order of merit. “I am so honoured and so humbled… Read full this story
- Patty Tavatanakit: The golfer who admits it's 'odd' to think she's a major winner
- 20 Extraordinary Wild Animal Photos, Winners Of International Siena Awards
- BAFTA TV Awards Winners: ‘I May Destroy You’ Triumphs; Paul Mescal Wins Best Actor; ‘The Crown’ Snubbed
- Celebrity deaths in 2021: Famous faces lost this year, from Prince Philip to Nikki Grahame
- BAFTA TV Awards 2021: Jessica Plummer puts on a leggy display in a skimpy silver ensemble as she arrives at the ceremony
- Justin Rose exclusive interview: 'My golf has been poor for a year, but I'm hungry for success after turning 40'
- 25 Amazing Images, Winners Of Prestigious Siena International Photo Awards
- Brits 2021 lineup: Who’s performing at the awards show?
- 'I had some of that posh raw tuna s**t!' Maya Jama PULLS OUT of presenting at the BAFTA TV Awards because she's fallen ill
- Bafta TV Awards 2021: Winners list in full
- Bafta TV Award nominations 2021: Full list revealed including Small Axe, The Crown and Eastenders
- Comeback win nothing new for US Women’s Open winner Yuka Saso
Stephanie Meadow is first female winner of Irish Professional Golfer of the Year award have 389 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.