Thạch Sơ Khum, 36, practises spelling with teacher Trần Thị Châu. — Photo giaoducthoidai.vn HCM CITY — The Bông Sao Primary School in HCM City’s District 8 is running a free night class to help improve education standards for migrants. The students, both old and young, dropped out of school at the early age and followed their relatives to earn a living in the city. But now they are going back to school, learning to read and write three days a week. Thạch Sơ Khum, 36, learned reading and writing later than others. After dropping out of school in his hometown, Khum worked as a glass-cutter in HCM City. As soon as he heard about the class he registered and started to take a grade-1 class four years ago – a class normally taken by seven-year-olds. It took him three years to complete the first grade class and he started grade 2 this September. “I help Khum practise spelling difficult words during the class,” his teacher Trần Thị Châu, 76, said. “At home, he practises with his roommates. Khum is a very hardworking student and attends all evening classes after a long working day. Although he is slow in reading,… Read full this story
- HCM City offers cultural activities for Tết
- HCM City given a facelift ahead of 13th National Party Congress
- What policies are needed for Thu Duc City to 'take off'?
- Tet Viet Festival opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi plans to open another pedestrian street
- Biden aide tells 8,000 Honduran migrants heading to the US to turn back because they won't be allowed across the border 'immediately' as Guatemalan forces use sticks and tear gas to stop caravan
- Thousands of US-bound Honduran migrants are beaten back with batons and tear-gas by masked Guatemalan security forces as Joe Biden unveils immigration reform
- CBS 11 Special COVID-19 Summer Guide
- Bright future of sustainable development ahead for Phu Quoc city: official
- Bright future ahead for Phu Quoc City: official
- Euphoria special: Jules tries to save her broken relationship with Rue as she gives therapy a try
- Inside the city of spies betrayed by the West where mortal danger is never far away
Special class open for HCM City’s migrants every night have 353 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.