More: Olympics U.S. track and field revival set for first post-Usain Bolt Olympics Jade Carey mathematically clinches first U.S. Olympic gymnastics berth NBCSN Olympic Games Week: What to watch on Tuesday A little over a month ago, NBC Olympics swimming analyst Rowdy Gaines left a Tyr Pro Series meet in Des Moines, Iowa, flabbergasted at what he just witnessed. Regan Smith swam the sixth-fastest 100m backstroke in history. Katie Ledecky recorded her fourth-fastest 200m freestyle. National team veterans Michael Andrew, Madisyn Cox and Melanie Margalis took chunks off personal bests. “I couldn’t believe that three, four months out of the potential Olympic Trials that swimmers were going that fast,” Gaines said. Swimmers are often in heavy training in the winter and spring, aiming to taper and peak for major summer meets. “Everybody was locked and loaded, and I think this had the potential to be a great U.S. team,” Gaines said. “Now, one year is not going to make that big of a difference, but there was certainly a lot of focus going into trials.” The Olympics and the trials were postponed a year. The major swimming storylines set for this June and July — Ledecky bidding to sweep the 200m through… Read full this story
- Beijing - Murray Out of the Olympics
- Fun Facts About Olympic Games
- All About How the Beijing Olympic Medals Are Actually Made
- Vegetarian Athletes - 10 Olympic Champions
- Things You Should Know About the Olympics
- Does Olympic Gold Create Olympic Legends?
- How Real Are the Food Concerns at the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
- Michael Phelps - 8 Gold Medal Olympic Record
- How to Have a Complete Set of Atlanta Olympics Memorabilia
- Swimming and Sports Specific Exercise
- Gold Medal Delegation
- Olympic Medal Tally 2008
Six gold medals? Seven gold medals? U.S. swim stars may be busy at Tokyo Olympics in 2021 have 278 words, post on olympics.nbcsports.com at April 14, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.