Suboi’s official music video for her hit N-SAO?
HÀ NỘI — Singer Suboi will be the only Vietnamese artist to compete for the Best Southeast Asia Act category at the MTV EMA (European Music Awards).
This is the first time a Vietnamese hip hop singer has been nominated by the MTV Vietnam channel.
Suboi, born as Hàng Lâm Trang Anh in 1990 in HCM City, has performed hip hop music for nearly 15 years.
After starting her career at Music Faces initiated by composer Đức Trí, she set up her own company named Suboi Entertainment in 2012.
Suboi has released three albums, Walk (2010), Run (2014) and EP 2.7 (2017) and singles MV named N-sao (2018), Công (Explicit) (2018), Cho Không (For Free) (2019).
MTV Asia channel has broadcast the song Công by Suboi in Yo/MTV Raps programme in March 2019.
The vote round for audience for the EMA Southeast Asia Act has been opened since October 1 and lasts till November 3.
The 26 MTV EMA will give awards to artists with good contributions to music all over the world.
The award ceremony will be hosted in Spain on November 3.
Singer Mỹ Tâm won the prize in 2013, Sơn Tùng MTP in 2015 and Đông Nhi in 2016. — VNS
- Suboi represents Vietnam at European Music Awards
- Rapper Suboi to compete at the MTV European Music Awards 2019
- Rapper Suboi to compete at the MTV European Music Awards
- Heidi Klum goes from one sexy outfit to the next as host of MTV's 2012 European Music Awards
- Artists to compete for MTV European Music Awards
- MTV European Music Awards: Kesha makes triumphant return to MTV EMAs with emotional performance
- Celebs really went wild with their fashion choices at the MTV European Music Awards
- Rita Ora vows to fly at Wembley while hosting the MTV European Music Awards — and wear 150 outfits
- Justin Bieber and Beyoncé lead at this year’s MTV European Music Awards 2016 with five nominations each
- Camila Cabello dominates European Music Awards
- MTV European Music Awards Blast Frankfurt