The two-day festival is jointly held by the Singaporean Consulate General in HCM City and the municipal Department of External Affairs to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Vietnam-Singapore diplomatic ties.
In her opening remarks, Singaporean Ambassador to Vietnam Catherine Wong lauded the thriving cooperation and friendship between the two countries over the past 45 years.
Currently, Singapore is the third largest investor in Vietnam and the biggest one in HCM City, she said.
The ambassador expressed her hope that through the first-ever food festival in HCM City, local residents will get a taste of special Singaporean dishes and explore the country’s “hawker” culture.
Le Quang Long, Director of the municipal Department of External Affairs, said economic cooperation is always a bright spot of the Vietnam-Singapore relationship.
In 2017 alone, two-way trade stood at about USD17 billion, up 8.9 percent year-on-year. Singapore has invested in more than 1,000 projects worth some USD10 billion in HCM City, he said.
Besides political and economic ties, cultural and people-to-people exchange have also contributed to tightening the bilateral friendship, he said, voicing his hope that the festival will help enhance the bonds between the two nations./.
- HCM City to host Asian-Pacific cities’ tourism promotion forum
- How Coventry City won the race for in demand Junior Brown
- Nigel Adkins feels pre-season frustration as Hull City play catch-up
- Norwich City Report Card: The proof there’s no better person to for returning star to learn from
- 'Bristol City appear resigned to losing one of their key players'
- Max Clark set to make decision on Hull City future
- City to revise plan to limit taxis
- Calistoga Harvest Table® to Serve Tastes from the Top, September 9
- Politics, the City Harvest Church saga and regaining the public’s trust: Senior Minister of State Edwin Tong goes On the Record
- Singaporean cyclist killed in accident in Chiang Mai’s Hang Dong district
- Review: Hamilton Princess Farm To Table Dinner
- Mondo's Italian Cuisine celebrates 20 years with free chocolate chip cannolis