The Shiv Sena is not creating any hurdles in formation of a government in Maharashtra, senior party leader Sanjay Raut said on Monday after meeting the governor as the political stalemate saw no sign of resolution nearly two weeks after assembly election results.“Whoever enjoys majority should be allowed to form government,” said Mr. Raut, who has been at the forefront of vociferously articulating the Sena’s demand for equal distribution of power and sharing the chief minister’s post. The Rajya Sabha MP described his meeting with Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari as a “courtesy call”. “We informed the governor that the Shiv Sena is not responsible for the current political situation in the state over formation of new government,” he said.Mr. Raut, who is also executive editor of Shiv Sena mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, said his party is not creating any hurdles in formation of the new government in Maharashtra, where assembly election results were announced on October 24. “The Governor heard us patiently. We put forth our point of view,” Mr. Raut said. “The Governor informed us that there is some time for government formation in Maharashtra. The Governor told that any political party (which commands majority) can come forward and stake claim… Read full this story
- #inConversation with Mr. Sanjay Sharma, Head of Corporate Communication and Motorsport, JK Tyre.
- Second Division League to kick off in December, says AIFF Executive Committee
- Federal Government Unveils Long-Awaited Guidelines for Autonomous Cars
- Gaming Sector is Galaxy by itself with its growth stemming from online segment, says Manish Adnani
- NCAA needs more authority in academic misconduct cases, reform group says
- Brawn: F1 will keep three-day format
- Government mulling making ride-sharing drivers’ details available to users via a ‘meter-on’ application
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Says Alexis Sanchez 'Champing at the Bit' for Injury Return
- Ride-hailing legalisation good for drivers, says Grab
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic in MLS a long-term boost to U.S. players, says Gregg Berhalter
- Money Talks: Saab Pauses Production, Suppliers Say Bills Left Unpaid
- Clearing first round is our biggest feat so far, says Indian women's team coach Maymol Rocky
Shiv Sena not hindering government formation, says Sanjay Raut have 336 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.