caption An Amazon warehouse in Robbinsville, New Jersey. source Sarah Jacobs A new report claims that seven Amazon workers have died on or near the job since 2013. The report was compiled by National Council for Occupational Safety and Health, a private nonprofit worker advocacy group, which named it as one of their “dirty dozen” companies. “We are proud of safety record and thousands of Amazonians work hard every day innovating ways to make it even better,” an Amazon spokesperson said in a statement. Amazon has been singled out in a new report for workplace safety. The company was one of the “dirty dozen’” on a list composed by the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health, a private nonprofit worker advocacy group. “This year, we’ll identify several companies who received specific warnings about safety hazards and failed to correct them. Workers paid the ultimate price for these failures,” Marcy Goldstein-Gelb, co-executive director of National COSH, said in a statement. The report was compiled by worker safety activists and took information from publicly available sources. “Criteria for inclusion included severity of injuries to workers; exposure to unnecessary and preventable risk; repeat citations by relevant state and federal authorities; and activity… Read full this story
- Prince William says seeing people die when he was air ambulance pilot left him traumatised ‘for weeks on end’ and feeling the world was a ‘darker, blacker place’ as he speaks to frontline workers about bereavement support
- At least 23 people die in Norway just days after getting Pfizer Covid vaccine
- ‘About 1.15 lakh people die due to cardiac arrest every day in the world’
- 36 People Died In The Horrific Oakland Ghost Ship Fire. The Trial Ended Without A Guilty Verdict.
- Dean Gaffney, 42, and ex Corrie star Danny Young, 33, party with bikini-clad beauties on yacht in Ibiza after EastEnders star was slammed for 'partying with OnlyFans girls while people die from coronavirus'
- Amazon made this injured warehouse worker sit 10 hours a day doing nothing
- Amazon's details on COVID-19 infections aren't good enough, workers and officials say
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime Video to watch right now
- It's review season: Here's how to talk to your boss
- Fired Amazon worker says termination was retaliation for speaking out
- Amazon begins temperature checks for warehouse workers as coronavirus spreads
- Parler ‘free speech’ app suspended by Google, Apple, and Amazon over ‘posts threatening violence at inauguration’
Seven people have died on the job in Amazon’s warehouses since 2013 — here’s what happened have 387 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at April 28, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.