Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton began his tenure as National Security Adviser on Monday, taking over the position from H.R. McMaster. To say that Bolton has a full plate as he sits down at his desk would be an understatement. Here are the seven most urgent national security crises he faces on Day One.Syrian chemical weapons attack: The headlines on Bolton’s first day are dominated by the latest chemical weapons attack in Syria, followed by a retaliatory strike on a Syrian airbase that remained enigmatic on Monday morning. (Russia and Syria claim it was an Israeli strike on an airfield in Homs province that is used by Iranian forces and allied Syrian militia). “The brutal chemical weapons attack in Syria presents Bolton with an immediate crisis that will highlight the biggest questions surrounding his appointment, offering an early examination of how his vision of the robust use of U.S. power abroad will ally with Trump’s own hawkish instincts,” CNN judged on Monday, arguing that the situation is a nightmare scenario for any national security adviser because the options to respond to such a horrific violation of the global prohibition against weapons of mass destruction are so limited. One of Bolton’s… Read full this story
- National security adviser O’Brien says China more aggressive in election meddling than Russia
- John Bolton says he didn't hear Trump insult fallen soldiers in France
- John Bolton Rejects Atlantic Story: ‘I Was There’; ‘I Didn’t Hear That’
- Transcript: Mohamed el-Erian on "Face the Nation," September 6, 2020
- Transcript: Scott Gottlieb discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," September 6, 2020
- ICYMI: Top takeaways from this week's "Face the Nation": Americans fight against injustice amid pandemic
- Transcript: Rep. Val Demings on "Face the Nation," August 30, 2020
- Transcript: Rep. Steve Scalise on "Face the Nation," August 11, 2019
- John Bolton Says Japan's Abe Shinzo Resignation 'a Great Loss' to U.S.
- Kudlow: US sales to Huawei won’t imperil national security
- Does John Bolton's memoir undercut The Atlantic on Trump's canceled visit to US cemetery in France?
- 'Get Him Out of Here': Trump Ordered UK Envoy's Ouster After Leaked Memos, Ex-Aide Bolton Claims
Seven Crises John Bolton Faces on Day One as National Security Adviser have 352 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.