WTC FINAL by Vijay Tagore • Last updated on Share Tweet Hardik Pandya, who hasn’t been bowling too much in the recent months, is likely to miss out on selection for the WTC final © Getty The Indian squad for the World Test Championship (WTC) final, against New Zealand, is expected to be selected in the next 48 hours, most likely on Friday (May 7). The selectors are expected to pick a jumbo squad consisting of at least four openers, about four to five middle-order batsmen, eight to nine pacers, four to five spinners and two to three wicketkeepers, Cricbuzz understands. The exact size of the squad will depend on the BCCI advisory on whether to select for the five-Test series set to be played in England or just for the WTC final. The team management is believed to have asked for a large contingent so that it can have a few intra-squad games before the big ICC match. The final, as reported earlier, will be held in Southampton from June 18 to 23. The squad, however, is unlikely to have too many surprises. The Chetan Sharma-led committee is expected to retain almost all the members who were part of… Read full this story
- Luke Shaw opens up on Manchester United future and Mourinho in honest interview
- The Kieran Shannon Interview: Irish Women's Hockey coach Graham Shaw
- There's only one way Luke Shaw can save his Manchester United career
- Arnold and Shaw named in GB team for European Championships
- Adil Rashid named in England squad for Test series against India as ECB opens itself up to tide of criticism
- England World Cup 2018 guide: Fixtures, squad news, next matches and group analysis
- Gareth Southgate names Trent Alexander-Arnold in England World Cup squad 'to get excited about'
- Coleman defends strength of Cork’s squad
- Hull KR vs Hull FC LIVE reaction to derby squads and Danny McGuire blow
- Luke Shaw's Manchester United contract condition confirmed
- One final selection headache for Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka at Bolton
- When do yellow cards reset at World Cup 2018, and which England stars could miss semi-final?
Selectors likely to mull over Hardik, Shaw and Prasidh for WTC final squad have 334 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.