A stunning catch by Sussex star Chris Jordan lit up the first t20 international in the three-match West Indies-England series. The all-rounder is known for his spectacular catches and he added another to his growing highlights reel when he ran and then dived full length to dismiss Dwayne Bravo for 28 off his own bowling.That ended a 64-run partnership between Bravo and Nicholas Pooran that could have resulted in England facing a much bigger target. Pooran went on to hit 58 not out.Jordan’s athleticism – which can be seen in the embedded tweet from Sky Sports – was the highlight of a Windies innings in St Lucia that ended on 160-8, with Jordan returning excellent figures of two for 16 in three overs. He also dangerman Chris Gayle caught by Adil Rashid for 15.Jonny Bairstow was the star of the England reply, striking an 11-boundary 68 off 40 balls to put England more than halfway to victory. Joe Denly and Sam Billings got England close before both were out. England won by four wickets, with Jordan’s batting not required.The second and third matches in the series are on Friday and Sunday.Jordan misses chance of Big Bash semi-finalSalt peppers the boundary… Read full this story
- How equipped are West Indies to win another T20 World Cup?
- Playing for England 'crossed my mind' – Shai Hope
- Ferguson, Neesham star in New Zealand's thrilling win
- Winning two T20 World Cups and being ranked No.9 is off-balance: Andre Fletcher
- Andre Fletcher: "Winning two T20 World Cups and ranking No. 9 is kind of off-balance"
- IPL 2020: Chris Gayle looks in good touch, he should never retire, says Mandeep Singh
- Inspired by Brendon McCullum, Tim Seifert ready for greater New Zealand role
- Live Cricket Score - England vs Australia, 3rd ODI, Manchester
- Malan paces chase to perfection as England clinch T20 series
- IPL 2020: DC vs KXIP: Highlights: Pooran fifty, Gayle, Maxwell cameos guide Punjab to 5 wicket-win; Dhawan ton in vain
- Sri Lanka vs New Zealand: De Grandhomme and Bruce prosper as New Zealand clinch T20 series
- Brilliant Bairstow hits highest T20I score as England beat South Africa
See Chris Jordan's stunning catch that helped inspire England to t20 win in West Indies have 340 words, post on www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.