The Education Centre for Nature Vietnam (ENV) on April 3rd officially launched a film-making contest, “Say no to bear bile”, to raise people’s awareness and encourage them to protect bears in Vietnam. The contest also aims to appeal for Vietnamese individuals’ and organisations’ direct participation in wildlife protection. Entries will be video clips including messages to call upon people not to use bear bile. The most outstanding works will be posted on the website, www.thiennhien.org/baovegau and the most voted entry and entry with excellent message will be presented with iPads. The list of best contestants will be announced on July 16th. At present, various bear species in Vietnam are in danger of extinction due to people’s exploitation to satisfy their needs. According to Tran Viet Hung, the Media Director of ENV, “It’s people’s habit of using bear bile that put bear species at risk of extinction”. “To completely stop the habit, all of us should join hands in this campaign of saying no to bear bile and products made from other parts of bears”, added Hung. Over the past years, ENV has made and broadcasted many short films to call upon people not to use bear bile and products made…
- Last captive bear in Central Highlands province released
- Nada Farhoud: Bear paw soup is the latest sick Asian delicacy on sale
- Bears' Mitch Trubisky sees no offensive 'breakthrough' in Week 3 dominance over Redskins, looks to 'keep growing'
- Debate over renaming Fort Bragg looms over Senate race and other down ballot contest
- Uninvited guests in bear country
- Who is Kristina Rihanoff? Everything you need to know about the Celebrity Big Brother contestant
- EXCLUSIVE: Katie Price, 42, is dating ex-Love Island contestant and car salesman Carl Woods, 31, following her split from former fiancé Kris Boyson
- Design contest for Kilometre Zero landmark calls for applications
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump, Pence travel to Cape Canaveral for SpaceX launch
- 'I don't think I can go back home': Hong Kongers in the UK say they WILL be among 'hundreds of thousands' taking Britain's offer to relocate after Beijing crackdown
- Fort Hood Army base launches investigation into sexual harassment complaints made by missing soldier Vanessa Guillen, 20, nearly TWO MONTHS after she disappeared
- Donald Trump launches incendiary attack on Bubba Wallace demanding NASCAR star 'apologize' for noose 'hoax' and slamming racing bosses for banning Confederate flags - but Lindsey Graham says president is WRONG
"Say no to bear bile" contest launched have 396 words, post on at April 3, 2012. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.