South Korea confirmed 105 new coronavirus cases as of Saturday, bringing the country’s total to 9583, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Sunday. Of the new cases, 41 were travellers arriving from overseas, including 40 South Korean citizens and one foreigner, the KCDC said. The new mandatory isolation for all arrivals will go into effect on April 1, Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun said at a government meeting on Sunday. “In order to effectively block entry for non-important purposes such as tourism, we will expand the compulsory quarantine measure to all foreigners coming in for short stays too,” he said. The policy will also apply to South Korean citizens. If foreigners do not have a residence in the country, they will be quarantined in government-designated facilities at their own expense, Chung added. Currently, people arriving from the United States have to spend two weeks in quarantine and those showing symptoms, like fever, are required to be tested for the coronavirus. Tighter rules, including a mandatory test and quarantine took effect on Thursday for visitors from Europe on long-term visas. South Korea has installed “walk-through” testing stations at Incheon airport, the country’s biggest, to meet the need for… Read full this story
- Queenstown Airport records biggest increase in overseas arrivals in August
- South Korea Reports 2 More Suspected Swine Fever Cases
- North Korea Sets Out Stall To Become the Next Holiday Destination. Just Don't Question the Rules...
- Teddy bear placed in quarantine by Australian customs officers... in case it was carrying exotic pests
- North Korea’s Diplomatic Charm Offensive to Have Limited Impact on Talks with US
- Trump Eyes Tougher Sanctions Against Kim Jong-un's North Korea
- Box Office: ‘Jumanji 2’ Kicks Off Overseas With $52 Million as ‘Frozen 2’ Powers Toward $1 Billion
- North Korea's all-female cheering squad heads south for Winter Olympics
- Dennis Rodman hopes to do 'something pretty positive' in North Korea
- North Korea's Kim tests Trump's limits with rockets, taunts
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un, Donald Trump arrive in Vietnam
- Can I Travel to North Korea? U.S. To Review Travel Ban Despite No Progress in Nuclear Talks
S.Korea to quarantine overseas arrivals have 347 words, post on www.news.com.au at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.