Attack was carried out in retaliation for a ferocious bombing campaign by Russian warplanes over Idlib 0SHARES Share Tweet Email The scene shows, what according to Syrian rebels were fires caused by Russian military plane shot down by rebel forces near Idlib, Syria, reportedly on February 3, 2018 in this still image obtained from social media via REUTERS. SARAQIB: A Russian pilot was killed on Saturday in fighting with extremists after his warplane was downed over northwest Syria, Russia’s defence ministry and a monitor said. Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), a powerful militant-dominated alliance said, on an affiliated media channel it had shot down the plane but made no mention of the pilot. “We were able to bring down the Russian warplane with a shoulder-fired missile above Saraqib in Idlib this afternoon,” said Mahmoud al-Turkmani who, according to the statement, heads HTS’s “air defence brigade.” He said the attack was in retaliation for a ferocious bombing campaign by Russian warplanes over Idlib. US, Russia agree ‘no military solution’ in Syria HTS, which is dominated by Al-Qaeda’s former affiliate in Syria, controls Idlib and has sought to fight back a ferocious Russian-backed assault by Syrian government troops. An AFP correspondent who arrived at… Read full this story
- Dramatic moment Russian pilot ejected from burning fighter jet 'after it clipped a power line' and crashed
- Russian pilot forced to eject from aircraft as Ukraine air defences shoot down Su-25 jet
- Watch incredible first-person video as Russian pilot EJECTS and haplessly watches his plane crash after being shot down
- Russian warplane crashes into residential building with pilots killed
- Amnesty: Russian Airstrikes Kill 200 Civilians
- Russian Pilot’s Helmet Camera Captured the Exact Moment When He Ejected from His Crashing Jet
- Russian pilot ejects from Su-25 fighter jet before crash: Viral video
- Almost 1000 Russian soldiers killed in one day as Kyiv defeats 'unequipped' Putin's troops
- Two pilots killed as Russian fighter jet crashes into Siberian home
- Warplane crashes into Russian flats killing at least 13 people including three children
- Russian soldiers 'killed by truck at Vladimir Putin's YARS missile launch site'
- Syria's Assad Visits Russian Air Base Amid U.S. Threats
Russian pilot killed after plane downed over Syria have 351 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 4, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.