Russia launched another night of airstrikes across Syria’s northern province of Idlib on Sunday. Rescue workers in the town of Kafr Nubl rushed to put out fires and dig through rubble in the search for survivors. In the provincial capital Idlib city, one witness said a five-storey building was leveled and at least 15 people were feared dead. Several other deaths and dozens of injuries have been reported across the province. In the city of Maarat al Numan, civil defense workers rushed babies and other patients out of a damaged hospital. In December, the Syrian army, backed by Iranian militia and Russian airpower, launched a major offensive to retake Idlib. It’s Syria’s last and most-densely populated province still mainly under opposition control. Russian jets have intensified their strikes on rebel-held Idlib after Syrian militia shot down a Russian warplane on Saturday and killed its pilot. Russia’s Defense MInistry says it is targeting Islamist militants, not civilians.
- Russian 'advisers' train new Syrian battalion
- Pilot recordings show Russian air force bombed Syrian hospitals, report claims
- Kurdish forces strike a deal with Assad's army as they battle an intensifying Turkish assault in northern Syria
- 12 Hours. 4 Syrian Hospitals Bombed. Evidence Reveals One Culprit: Russia.
- Turkey warns it is ready to directly attack Syrian troops after Assad strikes deal with his Kurdish rebel enemies to join forces against Erdogan's military
- Kurds agree to Russian-brokered plan to allow Assad into their territory
- Kurds and President Assad sign deal to allow Syrian Army to joint fight against Turkish invasion - hours after '10 died' as Erdogan's forces attacked convoy carrying foreign journalists and aid workers
- Syrian troops enter northeastern town after deal with Kurdish forces - state media
- Over to you: US troops leaving their Kurdish allies drive past Syrian soldiers going the other way to defend them from Turkish invasion
- Turkey steps up air strikes amid warning of catastrophe
- Syrian troops enter towns in northeast as Erdogan warns of wider offensive
- WRAPUP 1-Russia-backed Syrian army sweeps in after U.S. announces abrupt exit
Russian jets intensify strikes on Syrian rebels have 332 words, post on www.euronews.com at February 5, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.