A RUSSIAN tycoon living in Britain has died after he was hit by a car while walking his dog in Surrey. Dmitry Obretetsky, 49, is the latest of a string of Russians who have died in mysterious circumstances in the UK – although it is unclear if foul play is suspected in this case. Surrey Police are appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage after dad-of-three Mr Obretetsky was mown down near his home on November 25. He died in hospital five days later. His dog Oscar was also killed in the crash in leafy Oxshott. Up to three cars were said to be involved, according to reports. There have been no arrests. Police did not identify the victim but he was named today in reports in Moscow.A Russian friend and associate questioned whether he was deliberately killed. Pavel Borovkov said Mr Obretetsky was a longtime resident of Britain who returned regularly to Russia on business. He was quoted by Life as saying: “You know, people drive cars very carefully in (Britain). “I don’t exclude that he was specially knocked down.”’WONDERFUL FRIEND’ Obretetsky was reported to be a billionaire who made his fortune in Volgograd after the fall of the Soviet… Read full this story
- Russian billionaire found dead in his gym was murdered, his sons claim: Tycoon who played hockey with Putin was 'obsessed with security' following business wars in Moscow and US
- Russian billionaire owner of global coal company found shot dead at home
- Russian billionaire Dmitry Bosov, 52, who played ice hockey with Putin found dead from a gunshot at his home
- Coronavirus latest: Germany to reopen borders on June 15
- Coronavirus latest: WHO says 'Every country should still be at the highest level of alert'
- Fiddling on the Roof? Saakashvili’s Never-Say-Die Rabble Rousing Leads to Wild Scenes in Kiev
Russian billionaire tycoon Dmitry Obretetsky mysteriously killed by driver in Surrey as pals blame Putin have 297 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.