EVIL Vladimir Putin is “weaponising” western food supplies by creating a shortage caused by the blocking of exports from Ukraine. Foreign Secretary Liz Truss today accused Putin of seeking to “hold the world to ransom” through Russia’s blockade of Ukrainian grain exports. Around 22 million tonnes of grain are reportedly stuck in Ukraine – one of the world’s biggest wheat producers – as a result of the Russian naval blockade. Putin’s slippery tactic is being seen as a response to the West’s tirade of sanctions against all aspects of the Russian economy in response to the Ukraine war. Ms Truss defiantly rejected a demand by the Russian president for the lifting of international sanctions on his country in return for opening a humanitarian corridor to allow shipments to resume through the Black Sea port of Odesa. Speaking during a visit to Bosnia Herzegovina, Ms Truss said the UK will work with allies to get as much as possible out of the country, amid fears of food shortages in some of the world’s poorest countries. “It is completely appalling that Putin is trying to hold the world to ransom. He is essentially weaponising hunger and lack of food among the poorest… Read full this story
- Russia war fears: Why Vladimir Putin is sparking fear around the world
- Six ways Vladimir Putin has gone rogue - and is a threat to the world
- Russia’s Ukraine invasion date predicted as Putin ‘knows Biden will back down’
- Murdered spies, poisoned Brits and tens of thousands dead - 20 years of Vladimir Putin
- Russia sends nuclear bombers to Belarus as EU accuses state of 'weaponising migrants'
- France and Germany seem to forget who's behind Russia's war on Ukraine
- Vladimir Putin says Russia Black Sea exercises were rejected to avoid escalation with NATO
- Vladimir Putin Won’t Expel U.S. Diplomats as Russian Foreign Minister Urged
- On the brink: On Russia-Ukraine border conflict
- Has Vladimir Putin lost control of Russia's assassins? | Analysis
- Angela Merkel asks for Vladimir Putin's help as EU border crisis spirals out of control
- Russia war fears erupt as Putin brutally rejects final meeting with outgoing Merkel
Russia-Ukraine war LIVE – How evil Vladimir Putin is making YOUR weekly shop more expensive by ‘weaponising West’s food’ have 346 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.