Russia warned of “consequences” in the aftermath of the airstrikes launched by the United States and its allies on Syria, CNN reported Saturday. >> Read more trending news The U.S., United Kingdom and France launched strikes aimed at three locations in Syria — a scientific research facility in Damascus and a production facility and storage facility in Homs, said Gen. Joseph Dunford, U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Russian President Vladimir Putin condemned the attacks as an “act of aggression against a sovereign state,” CNN reported. On Twitter, the Russian embassy in the United States criticized the missile strikes, with Ambassador Anatoly Antonov tweeting that “The worst apprehensions have come true. Our warnings have been left unheard.” >> Trump announces strike on Syria “A pre-designed scenario is being implemented,” Antonov said. “Again, we are being threatened. We warned that such actions will not be left without consequences.” Syria’s Foreign Ministry called the attacks a “flagrant violation of the international law,” CNN reported. The Syrian Armed Forces said in a statement Saturday that 110 missiles were fired on Syrian targets and that the country’s defense systems “intercepted most of the missiles, but some hit targets including the Research Center in Barzeh.”… Read full this story
- Finding Refuge: Ten years of war in Syria, through the eyes of Syrians forced to flee
- Russia Erupts in Fury Over Biden’s Calling Putin a Killer
- Why can’t Europe see that it’s at war with Russia?
- Historic Summits Between US, Soviet Union/Russia Leaders Post WWII
- Blinken and Lavrov hold first high-level meeting of Biden's presidency as US-Russia tensions simmer
- Russia-West ties hit low with diplomat expulsions
- Russia Plunges Into Era of ‘Dictatorship’ as Putin Looms Over Eastern Europe
- Russia Testing U.S. As Military Flights by Alaska Reach Cold War Levels, Says Commander
- What happened in the moments before Alexei Navalny was arrested in Russia?
- Putin’s Alleged Daughter Joins the Chaos as Russia Goes Wild on Clubhouse
- Russia sends clear message to Turkey: Don't try it again
- White Helmets, Nusra Preparing Provocations With Chemical Weapons in Syria, Russia Warns
Russia responds to Syria airstrike, warns of 'consequences' have 341 words, post on www.accessatlanta.com at April 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.