More than 550 civilians almost a quarter of them children have been killed 0SHARES Share Tweet Email A wounded man is carried following an air strike on the rebel-held besieged town of Arbin, in the eastern Ghouta region on the outskirts of the capital Damascus on January 2, 2018 PHOTO: REUTERS DOUMA: Russia called a daily “humanitarian pause” in Syria’s Eastern Ghouta, bowing to pressure to halt the carnage in the rebel-held enclave where bombardments eased late on Monday after hours of deadly raids. A UN Security Council resolution for a 30-day truce had remained a dead letter since it was passed on Saturday, and Moscow, the Damascus regime’s main backer, ended up setting its own terms to stem one of the worst episodes of bloodletting in Syria’s seven-year-old conflict. The United Nations, France and Germany had made pressing appeals for Russian President Vladimir Putin to demand its Damascus ally enforce a ceasefire, including in Eastern Ghouta where more than 500 civilians were killed last week. Putin agreed to a five-hour daily window that would allow residents of the battered enclave east of the capital to emerge from their underground shelters. “On the instructions of the Russian president, with the goal… Read full this story
- Russia Offers to Help As Syria Kurd Leader Names Conditions for Officially Joining Government Forces
- Syria's Idlib to take center stage in Turkey, Russia, Iran talks
- Syrian forces press offensive in south as rebels consider truce terms and civilians flee
- Why Is U.S. in Syria and How Many Troops Are There? Donald Trump Is Withdrawing From War
- State Dept Reveals Details of Phone Talks Between Pompeo and Lavrov on Syria
- Turkey's Success in Northeast Syria Depends on Coordination With US - CHP Party
- Russian Military Registers Ceasefire Violations in Syria's Latakia, Aleppo
- Syria conflict: US officials withdraw troops after IS 'defeat'
- The President Who Dared to Call Putin’s Russia What It Is: A Terrorist State
- US Arms Deals Sanctions to Bring China, Russia Closer - Scholars
- Syria: The unstoppable momentum of Assad’s war
- Turkey's Syria Op 'Could Play Major Role' in Russia, US Securing Aleppo Truce
Russia calls daily truce in battered Syria enclave have 345 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 26, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.