Controversy continues to stir in Westminster amid allegations that reporters and journalists from one prominent British tabloid newspapers, engaged in the illegal interception of voicemail messages on the phones of the Royal family, senior politicians and celebrities. The UK phone hacking scandal shows politicians and government reluctant to investigate claims against a newspaper, which might further damage their reputations on a personal or political level. But also, the complex nature of the outdated communications laws, political spin show the grip that national presses have on not only Parliament but also the British people. The freedom of the presses in the United Kingdom does not allow journalists, reporters and freelancers to work outside of the law. On the other hand, politicians play a continually dangerous game balancing the media, in order to tow the party politician line and to engage with government under the premise to stay in power. While this is a slow, developing story that has now prolonged for over four years, the timeline can be followed below of main events leading to present day. 9th April 2006: First headline appears in the News of the World detailing an article about Prince Harry. Excerpts of an answerphone recording were published in… Read full this story
- Princess Eugenie's Royal Wedding: Everything You Need to Know
- What Is the Saturday Night Massacre? Decades Since Pivotal Watergate Event, History Could Repeat Itself Under Trump
- 'The Front Runner' Fails To Show How Gary Hart's Sex Scandal Transformed Politics
- Film Review: Bad Times at the El Royale
- Weinstein accuser told to delete phone info
- For Khashoggi, a Tangled Mix of Royal Service and Islamist Sympathies
- Corruption scandal ensnares 5 ex-lawmakers, so far
- The Russian Hacking of 2016 Was Just a Taste. Here’s What We Could Be In For.
- Future uncertain for students caught in Palos Verdes High grade scandal
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Speculation over Trump administration shakeup; Trump to see Michael's carnage; A royal pregnancy
- Now for Rent: Email Addresses and Phone Numbers for Millions of Trump Supporters
- Royal wedding bishop talks about bringing message of love to Worcester, Pittsfield
Royal phone hacking scandal: Timeline of events so far have 334 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 24, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.