Fans of the National Football League are getting desperate.An essay from Giants co-owner John Mara, or words from players and union officials, are just more of the same blather to fans who ain’t buying the spin from either side. These loyalists want to discuss something non-labor, something actually related to the game.This explains why the issue surrounding HBO/NFL Films’ “Hard Knocks,” specifically which team will be in the show, has exploded, so to speak.One national publication is running an online poll giving fans a chance to vote on the team they want to see on “Hard Knocks,” a program chronicling life in an NFL training camp.Friday morning, Bob Papa’s SXM “Opening Drive” show was dominated for nearly two hours with fans talking “Hard Knocks.”Speculation concerning “Hard Knocks” has become a welcome diversion from talk of failed negotiations and the next “big” court date. The conversation has cut another way too.In the past, when a team has turned down an appearance on “Hard Knocks,” there have been no public pronouncements coming from the organization rejecting the role.Last week, officials from the Tampa Bay Bucs and Denver Broncos said they were turning down “Hard Knocks.”This gave their fans something else to talk… Read full this story
- With minimal insight into Antonio Brown's helmet saga, 'Hard Knocks' disappoints again
- Five NFL teams are eligible for 'Hard Knocks' this year and one of them would be a perfect fit
- Schwartz: See Ya In Cortland, Jets Fans!
- Christian McCaffrey, Justin Simmons named to AP’s NFL All-Pro teams
- Can anyone stop Tom Brady and the New England Patriots? Ex-NFL star Coy Wire previews the season
- NFL round-up: Patriots passed by Chiefs for bye after shock Dolphins loss
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Wild Card Round: Advanced model makes top predictions
- NFL roundup: 49ers clinch No. 1 seed in thriller over Seahawks
- 2020 NFL playoff picks, odds: Patriots defy calls for upset, Eagles find a way to win on Wild Card Weekend
- Toughest task of all begins now for Jets, GM Joe Douglas
- New England Patriots lose and Green Bay Packers win as NFL playoffs take shape
- Detective Pikachu Is Now Available on HBO
Right now, NFL fans & HBO's 'Hard Knocks' need a return visit from Rex Ryan and the Jets have 359 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 21, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.