Results of Oxford University’s final-stage Covid-19 vaccine trial will be published by the end of December, it was revealed today. Drugs giant AstraZeneca, which owns the rights to the vaccine, confirmed it expects data on the effectiveness of the experimental jab within weeks. The findings will then be examined by the healthcare regulator MHRA, who will then decide if it can be rolled-out for use in the wider community. The NHS is geared up to administer a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as December, if one is proven to work, health officials have promised. And Kate Bingham, head of the UK’s vaccines taskforce, sparked hope yesterday by saying it was possible a jab would be ready ‘before the end of the year’. However, No10 is expecting to receive only four million doses of the AstraZeneca jab this year, Ms Bingham said. Britain had agreed in May to take 100million doses of the vaccine, with an initial estimate of 30million ready by September 30. Drugs giant AstraZeneca, which owns the rights to the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University, confirmed today it expects to release the results of stage two and stage three trials within weeks The NHS may start rolling out a… Read full this story
- AstraZeneca, Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines offer high protection 6 months after second dose: Study
- New Novavax Covid-19 Vaccine: Here Are 3 Things Different About It
- Will Americans have the right COVID-19 vaccine this fall? Maybe
- A week ago, there was no certified COVID-19 vaccine. A lot has happened since
- US health regulators approve Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use
- The United States faces challenges in its mass rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine. Here's why
- FDA To Consider Giving Half-Doses Of Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine To Speed Distribution | The Daily Wire
- Oral vaccine shows promise; hypertension ups Covid-19 hospitalisation risk
- With a sniff or a swallow, new vaccines aim to put the brakes on Covid-19 spread
- New Vaccines Aim To Put The Brakes On Covid-19 Spread
- Scientist at forefront of China's early investigations into Covid-19 steps down
- Explained: North Korea confirms Covid-19 crisis, what happens in the country here onward?
Results of Oxford University's final-stage Covid-19 vaccine trial will be published by the end of December, AstraZeneca announces have 341 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 5, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.