Real Madrid vice-president Eduardo Fernandez de Blas has accidentally let slip at the meeting of a fans’ group that Rafa Benitez will be the new club coach.Benitez will leave Napoli at the end of the season and has been hotly tipped to take over from Carlo Ancelotti at the Bernabeu.Real have yet to name Ancelotti’s successor but an offhand comment during a club event on Saturday evening appears to have confirmed the former Liverpool manager’s arrival.”Ancelotti is an absolute phenomenon and we give him all our appreciation,” Fernandez de Blas told the Madrid members’ group.”Until three days ago he was the best trainer in the world as two years ago it was Jose Mourinho and from this week onwards it will be Rafa Benitez.”Italian Ancelotti was dismissed a year after he ended 12 years of Champions League failure and led Real to a record-extending 10th European crown, as well as a Copa del Rey triumph.Former Liverpool and Chelsea boss Benitez, who once had a stint as a Real youth team coach, is expected by local media to be named on Wednesday as the new man at the helm.
- Zidane steps down as Real Madrid coach
- Five things that went wrong for Benitez at Real Madrid
- Real Madrid president gives Benitez vote of confidence
- Ancelotti and Isco arrivals imminent, says Real Madrid's Perez
- Bayern need 'cool heads and hot hearts' to shock Real
- Yemen president of 33 years to quit amid uprising
- Madrid suffer first defeat at Sevilla, Neymar inspires Barca
- Benitez close to joining Napoli
- Griezmann fires Atletico Madrid to Europa League title
- Facebook lets users click to report fake news
- Social News 30/3
- Social News 9/9
Real Madrid vice-president accidentally lets slip Benitez news have 271 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 31, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.