MINNEAPOLIS — It’s just nine games into the 2012 baseball season, but the Texas Rangers are already going about business as usual.They’re traveling to the same ballparks, shoveling in the same post-game meals. They have the same pregame routines, the same celebrations, largely the same spots in their batting order. Look over those box scores a little too quickly, and it’s still 2011.But the Rangers are far from complacent. They’ve simply found what works, the blend of personalities and talents, habits and eccentricities that makes a championship caliber team. If you ask them, it’s going to take a lot more than a few high-profile signings, a couple of stars poached from the National League and one lured from among their own, to alter the terrain of the American League.This past offseason was the best free agent market in years, and the American League, with its lure of designated hitters and the cash that appeared with just a few signatures on unprecedented TV contracts, capitalized. Gone was Albert Pujols from St. Louis, enticed by 10 years and $240 million from the Angels, and a similar nine-year, $214 million contract was bait enough for the Brewers’ Prince Fielder to sign in Detroit.Those… Read full this story
- Rangers reporter notebook: Steven Gerrard reinforcing humility in trophy chase
- Dave King: Rangers chairman to step down in new year
- Rangers top Avalanche in Shesterkin’s debut: 3 takeaways
- Moqtada al-Sadr’s Return
- Dakar Rally 2020: Sainz extends lead after stage 5 win, Al Attiyah stays in contention
- US-Kenya military base attack claimed by al-Shabab
- Tripoli accuses rivals of breaking conditional ceasefire minutes after it takes effect
- Dakar Rally 2020: Sainz wins stage 6, extends lead over Al Attiyah
- Team Serbia advance to ATP Cup final after Novak Djokovic topples Russian rival
- Celtic reporter notebook: Can Dubai trip help Neil Lennon's side re-group after Rangers defeat?
- Posta Rangers down All Stars
- Steven Gerrard on Rangers manager 'experience' concerns and potential Liverpool return
Rangers’ dominance over AL rivals continues have 314 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 15, 2012. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.