August 21, 2019 12:38 PM When it comes to fostering relations between Germany and the United States, the Atlantik-Brücke in Berlin is the most important player. For almost 70 years, the non-profit organization has worked, according to its statutes, to “deepen the collaboration between Germany, Europe and America on all levels.” The American ambassador usually plays a key role in this process. When a new chief U.S. diplomat arrives in the German capital, the Atlantik-Brücke organizes a big dinner, an event that has become a regular tradition. When U.S. Ambassador Richard Grenell took up his posting in Germany last year, there were plans to welcome him according to that custom, but Grenell didn’t want to. He wasn’t interested. The ambassador also turned down the invitation to speak at a meeting of the organization’s members in late June of last year. Nor did Grenell want to hold a talk at the ensuing barbecue, where he was described as the “guest of honor.” He instead gave two students an interview that mostly centered on his dog and its importance to the ambassador’s life. Then he disappeared again. Since then, there has been radio silence between Donald Trump’s representative in Berlin and the… Read full this story
- German Open: Lorenzo Musetti Survives Carlos Alcaraz Comeback to Win Maiden ATP Title
- We’re off’ Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary confirm break from This Morning
- What happened to Jimmy at the end of Breaking Bad?
- Better Call Saul: What happens to Hector Salamanca in Breaking Bad?
- Brexit LIVE: EU summer travel hell silences 'desperate' Rejoiners as German flights halted
- Rory McIlroy breaks silence on Open heartbreak as Cameron Smith beats him to Claret Jug
- Michael van Gerwen silences "absolutely uncalled for" darts boo-boys with huge checkout
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Recap: It’s ‘Breaking Bad’ Time
- Amid Break-Up Rumours, Tiger Shroff's Mom Ayesha Shroff Reacts To Disha Patani’s Latest Video
- Better Call Saul season 6 episode 11 release time: What time is Breaking Bad out?
- Would you swap your Aperol spritz for sprints on a luxury mini-break? DAISY WAUGH checks in to get checked out by a top coach
- Brexit: Arch-Brexiteer breaks silence on leadership hopefuls 'must be unambiguous!'
Radio Silence: German-U.S. Ties Are Breaking Down have 362 words, post on www.spiegel.de at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.