Cinnamon trees have long been associated with the spiritual life, economy and culture of Tra My ethnic groups. Since the 1980s and 1990s, cinnamon, especially Tra My cinnamon, has been a major money-maker. Cinnamon products have been widely consumed in both domestic and export markets, creating a major source of income for people in cinnamon-growing areas. Cinnamon trees have become the most important tree in the economic development of Quang Nam’s Tra My district. According to Vice Chairman of the Nam Tra My district People’s Committee Tran Van Man, in order to preserve the tradition of growing cinnamon, the district has included the goal of developing cinnamon in its regular resolutions of tasks. The People’s Council of Quang Nam province also issued a resolution on the conservation and development of Tra My cinnamon. In October 2011, the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam certified the unique quality of Tra My cinnamon. In Nam Tra My district, 10 of 10 communes plant cinnamon; therefore, the output and cinnamon area has increased continuously over the years. Currently, cinnamon-growing area is 2,864ha and cinnamon output in 2017 reached about 350 tonnes, an increase of 200 tonnes compared to 2011. In recent years, the cinnamon market… Read full this story
- Vietnam’s tourism brand will benefit from developing more world-class cultural festivals
- Manic Street Preachers' Richey Edwards 'staged disappearance' as vital clues throw up bombshell theory
- Democratic presidential frontrunner Sanders in early New Hampshire lead
- Sex and the suffragette
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 23
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 24
- Changes required for central real estate
- HCMC gets ready to restart economy in May post-social-distancing
- The virus stoking fears of starvation
- Industrial real estate boosts demand for green materials
- Gates ups pandemic funds to US$250 million, says Trump WHO move makes 'no sense'
- Local stocks to slow on mixed corporate earnings as investors wait for int'l events
Quang Nam cinnamon seeks a spot on the world stage have 298 words, post on english.vov.vn at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.