Members of Shiv Sena, Punjab, and parents of students from various schools in Ludhiana held a protest outside the residence of Ludhiana central constituency MLA Surinder Dawar on Saturday over private schools charging tuition fees amid the Covid-19 lockdown. They submitted a memorandum to the MLA who assured the parents that the matter would be taken up with the education minister.Chairman of Shiv Sena, Punjab, Rajiv Tandon, said, “Private schools have been sending messages on WhatsApp groups created by teachers and highlighting the students whose parents have not submitted the fee. They should not be allowed to charge fees as classes have been suspended. The government needs to intervene and take a decision to provide relief to the parents.”“Parents have taken huge economic losses and lost jobs in the last two months. How will they pay the fee? If the state government fails to provide relief, then we will continue protesting,” he added.On May 27, the members protested outside the deputy commissioner’s office and submitted a memorandum to him.
- Concerns about HCMC traffic fee collection project
- Hanoi officials call for probes into extra fees at schools
- PM halts Cai Lậy toll fee collection
- Road use fee collection begins despite protests
- Cai Lay tollgate resumes fee collection later this month
- Drivers object to fee collection at Highway 5 tollgate
- Vietnamese parents protest handwriting competitions
- Working parents pay to have children ferried to school
- Car fee collection project should be revised: expert
- Parents go all-out for "star" primary schools
- Protest outside Thai embassy in Myanmar against murder verdict
- No trade union fees collected from units without grassroots trade unions
Punjab Shiv Sena, parents protest outside MLA’s house over fee collection by schools in Ludhiana have 271 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.