Sputnik: US President Donald Trump is scheduled to meet with Chinese General Secretary Xi Jinping at the G20 Summit, what can we expect from these talks and how high are the chances that we are going to actually see a breakthrough in resolving trade tensions? Professor Fabio Massimo Parenti: Okay, this is the key question also for the entire G20 community because the first statements from the group asked for reaching a solution and reducing tension between China and the United States. And hopefully, both countries can reach some new understanding, some new point of negotiation, even though most of the experts and observers do not have so much hope on this possibility. The tensions between China [and] the United States are intense and very wide, going from technological issues to trade with sanctions specifically, but also to geopolitical issues on the Middle East and Far East Asia. So the hopes for reaching some sort of positive solution are very limited, even though we should try to keep optimism alive. The main key point in creating a space for a solution is withdrawing the ban on Huawei and other Chinese tech corporations; this is the perspective, the point of view… Read full this story
- US Keeps Making Up Tall Tales About Russia-Related Cyberattacks, Moscow Says on 'RNC Hack'
- Vietnam attends Special ASEAN-Russia Foreign Ministers' Meeting
- Lavrov: US Policy of Engaging Russia From 'Position of Strength' Doomed to Failure
- One in three Russians sees their army as the best in the world
- North Korea, Syria and Ukraine—Are Trump and Putin planning a new world order at next week's meeting?
- US, Russia Have ‘Very Constructive’ Climate Proposals to Work Through, Kerry Says
- Russia's and China's presidents win big as world loses faith in U.S. and the West
- How Russia Often Benefits When Julian Assange Reveals the West’s Secrets
- After a Face-Off in Syria, Turkey and Russia Try to Pull Back From the Brink
- Russia poses an 'existential threat' to UK as Putin to use nuclear option
- North Korea says Cuba can "smash" U.S. interference, joining Russia, China, Iran
- Russia's U.N. ambassador 'grateful' to U.S., others for reaching agreement on Syrian aid
Professor on G20 Summit: US-Russia Relations Are Critical But Fundamental to Manage World Tensions have 355 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 29, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.