OVER the last few months, speculation has mounted over a rumoured “royal rift” between Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton.
But despite the Duchesses reportedly putting on a united front during an appearance on Christmas Day, royal fans think they saw Prince William “ignoring” his sister-in-law Meghan.
Footage of the two couples leaving St Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham on Christmas Day has emerged on social media.
In the clip, Meghan seems to turn to William to say something but the royal – who was distracted fixing his scarf – didn’t seem to notice.
One wrote on Twitter: “Maybe my imagination but William seemed to ignore Meghan.
“And William and Harry did not interact with each other much.
“Something just seemed off between them.”
Another wrote on Instagram: “Does William and harry talk to each other? I feel there’s something wrong between them” while one commented: “… it’s sad William ignored Meghan’s chatter as it looked like she said something to him.”
Another onlooker said: “They are always laughing and probably joking too but on this video they don’t even look at each other.
“It’s weird, I hope everything is okay between.”
Over the last few weeks speculation has mounted over growing tensions between the Cambridges and Sussexes, fuelled further by the news that Prince Harry, 34 and Meghan, 37, would not be moving into the Kensington Palace apartment next-door to William and Kate.
It comes after claims Meghan had been branded “Duchess Difficult” by Palace insiders after another of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s aides – Samantha Cohen – resigning from her role.
There were also claims Kate had told Meghan not to berate members of her team after she reportedly “b****cked” one of Kate’s staff.
The row – which the Palace has denied – followed rumours that Kate, 36, was “left in tears” during a “stressful” fitting for Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid dress.
The “Fab Four” arrived at the church side by side on Christmas Day but according to a source, it was “uncomfortable”.
“The Queen and Charles have allowed the situation to play out without overtly interfering — but they both made it clear that Christmas was for the whole family to really come together,” said an insider.
“That meant the two couples walking into church together as the Fab Four just like they had last year.
“Yes, it was awkward and uncomfortable given what’s gone on over the past 12 months.
“But the alternative of even more negativity on Christmas Day wasn’t worth thinking about.”
Fabulous Online has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.
Old family Christmas photo goes viral… can you spot why?
Single mum-of-three sobs when TV swap millionaires carpet her whole house
Rich House Poor House fans cry as kind millionaire carpets single mum’s whole house
Mum sobs after being gifted a Build-A-Bear with her dead son’s voice
KANYE BELIEVE IT?
Kim slammed for letting North, 5, wear lipstick and straighten her hair
Pregnant Meghan says she’s ‘nearly there’ as she gives update on her due date
Earlier this week, we told you pregnant Meghan Markle hints baby could be due in March as she tells royal fan she’s ‘nearly there’.
We also revealed all the times Meghan Markle broke the royal fashion rules in 2018, from going bare-legged to wearing black nail varnish.
And we showed you Meghan Markle wears Victoria Beckham midi dress on Christmas Day despite saying the designer’s clothes ‘don’t look amazing’ on her.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Will Visit Their Royal Namesake, Sussex
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Won’t Spend Their Entire Royal Tour Together
- Are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Moving Next Door to Kate Middleton and Prince William?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Baby May Not Receive a Royal Title
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Trip to the U.S. Could Include a Special Guest
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are in Full Nesting Mode in the Cotswolds
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Baby News Won’t Affect Their Royal Tour Plans
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Already Decorating Their Baby’s Nursery
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Gave Personalized Photos as Gifts on Their Royal Tour
- Royal Baby: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce They are Expecting a Baby in Spring 2019
- Why Did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Name Two Kiwi Birds 'Gift' and 'Sneeze?'
- Earthquake Strikes New Zealand During Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Visit