Responders for the national hotline 111 for child protection. — VNA/VNS Photo Anh Tuấn Đặng Hoa Nam, director-general of the Department of Child Affairs (under the Ministry of Labours, Invalid and Social Affairs), spoke to Hà Nội Mới (New Hà Nội) newspaper about child protection at the grassroots level. What is your opinion on the violence and abuse against children in the current climate? In recent years, authorities, families and communities have joined in taking care of children and creating favourable conditions for them to live, learn, and play in a safe, healthy environment. However, child abuse and violence still persist in multiple areas, and a majority of the cases were caused by someone close to the child. In 2021 alone, the national hotline for child protection (Hotline 111) received more than 500,000 calls on child-related issues, of which 35,000 were for advice and support, an 11 per cent increase compared to 2020. Following information screening, Hotline 111 has contacted the authorities to intervene in a total of 1,257 cases. It is worth noting that with 67 per cent of the children who suffer such abuse, it comes from inside their families. As revealed by the Ministry of Public Security, there are approximately 2,000… Read full this story
- Allegations of Physical and Sexual Child Abuse Point to UK Charities
- Child abuser Rolf Harris investigated after he walked onto primary school grounds
- EXCLUSIVE: Rotherham Victim Reveals Horrors of Child Abuse Cover-Up in Britain
- Former GDOE staffer faces up to 6 years for child abuse, misconduct
- HIV child abuser sent back to jail
- Council advice on child abuser made public
- School staff should spot early signs of potential child abuse, says councillor
- Plane Crashes, Murders and Child Abuse: A Day in the Life of UK's Busiest Court
- Yellow Vest protesters declare standing for 'child abuse' in poorly worded flier
- Green Party failed to properly investigate sick child abuser
- 'My life as a decoy hunting child abusers online'
- Too much focus on preventing harm from strangers, childcare boss tells inquiry
Preventing child abuse from the grassroots level: Official have 318 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.