Emlyn Williams Theatre, Mold, North Wales: 20th February 2003Clwyd Theatr Cymru commemorated the 50th anniversary of the death of the Welsh poet, Dylan Thomas (1914-1953) with a superb run of performances by a small but accomplished cast of actors.Described in the programme as “A theatrical journey through the prose writing of Dylan Thomas”, the production was created by Tim Baker, an Associate of the Royal National Theatre, who won the Manchester Evening News Best Visiting Production award in 1992 for the highly acclaimed To Kill a Mockingbird.Although Thomas is best known for his ‘play for voices’, Under Milk Wood, his evocative poems such as Fern Hill and Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night are rarely overlooked when anthologies celebrating 20th century poetry are put together. Indeed, this mesmerizing interpretation of Thomas’s short stories could well be described as a rich fusion of prose and poetry. For example, in a scene crossing a river he speaks of, “slipping stepping stones” and early on in the piece he describes his “love” of words thus:”And these words were, to me, as the notes of bells, the sounds of musical instruments, the noises of wind, sea and rain, the rattle of milk… Read full this story
- Hampstead artist has painted world's most famous faces
- The 33rd Uncut Playlist Of 2009
- 'Tis the Season: FJI previews the holiday movie roster
- An Offer You Can’t Refuse: 'Godfather' reunion caps a busy Tribeca Film Festival
- Event Cinema Attractions: Your guide to summer's alternative offerings
- Summer Sizzle: 'FJI' previews the hot-weather season’s coming attractions
- Looking back at the best films of 2016
- Asian Icon: Steven Okazaki explores the career of Japan's magnetic Toshiro Mifune
- Holiday Bounty: Your guide to the season’s movie releases
- 2016 Sundance Dispatch 1: Festival kicks off with crowdpleasers, women's stories and inventive challengers...
- Quantity and Quality: Hamptons International Film Festival delivers the goods
- Fall/Winter Preview: Film Journal International’s guide to award contenders and holiday fare
Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Dog have 320 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 28, 2005. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.