Tens of thousands of Vietnamese people took to the streets on Sunday in Hanoi, Hue City, Da Nang City, and Ho Chi Minh City to protest China’s illegal deployment of a giant oil rig to Vietnamese waters in the East Vietnam Sea. It is the second day in a row the protestors in Ho Chi Minh City have launched a peaceful demonstration while those in Hanoi, Hue and Da Nang paraded for the first time against China’s aggressive move. Thousands of HCMC protestors flooded area before the Opera House on Dong Khoi Street in District 1, carrying banners and placards calling for a Vietnamese unity to protect the country’s seas and demanding China respect Vietnam’s territorial waters. Meanwhile in Hanoi, thousands of people gathered in front of the Chinese Embassy at 46 Hoang Dieu Street to voice their protest against China putting its oil rig in Vietnamese waters. The demonstrators included elders, veterans, students, office workers, and even children. They sang together the national anthem and revolutionary songs, with or without loudspeakers. Many started parading very early in the morning, with a lot of demonstrators raising red-colored national flags, placards, and anti-China slogans. They lifted up such banners and placards… Read full this story
- Vietnam’s economy is expected to maintain good growth in 2020
- Fresh student protests hit India over university attack
- Vietnamese abroad celebrate traditional New Year
- Water agency declares polluted River Kiboko water unsafe
- Vietnamese Bamboo Circus: The art show showcases Vietnamese life
- 5 things to know for January 10: Iran, Brexit, infrastructure, China, Taiwan
- Comcast employees stage travel ban protest
- China pledges 'due contribution' on emissions cuts
- Oil slips as focus shifts from Iran tensions to US crude stocks
- Trump issues warning to Iran: 'Do not kill your protesters ... the USA is watching'
- Body is found in river during search for missing 15-year-old boy who vanished on New Year's Eve in County Down
- Facebook says it will let users choose to see fewer political ads on their feed
Politics Protests staged in Vietnam against China planting oil rig in Vietnamese waters Things I miss when away from Vietnam have 334 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 11, 2014. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.