She became known as the “Subway Soprano” on social media after the Los Angeles Police Department posted video an officer recorded of her performing Italian composer Giacomo Puccini’s famous aria “O mio babbino caro” while holding bulging shopping bags with her left arm and a cart full of belongings with her right hand. “4 million people call LA home. 4 million stories. 4 million voices…sometimes you just have to stop and listen to one, to hear something beautiful,” the department tweeted . Zamourka told the station that she’s a classically trained violinist and pianist and made a living as a street performer. She came to the United States from Russia when she was 24. A man destroyed her violin three years ago and then she suffered a wrist injury that kept her from playing, KABC reported. “That’s when I became homeless. When I could not actually pay any of my bills and could not pay anymore of my rent,” she told the station. She told the station that she had been sleeping on cardboard in a parking lot. Zamourka, 52, said she likes to sing in the subway because it feels like being on stage. “You know why I do… Read full this story
- Video Of Heroic Cows Making A Thief Run Around!
- WATCH: San Fran Judge Releases Homeless Man Charged With Violent Attack On Woman, So She Posts Video Of Attack
- Lisbon's bad week: police brutality reveals Portugal's urban reality
- WTF! Video Of Fishes Found In A Hospital In India!
- ‘Property Brothers’ Stars Jonathan and Drew Scott Poke Fun at Viral $120K Art Banana in New Video
- Justin Timberlake Apology: 14 Celebrities Who Have Been Forced to Publicly Apologize
- Mark Starr's family thought he was thriving in a new city. The truth was far darker
- The Curse of the Ramones
- Another one bites the dust! Rami Malek is treated by medics after 'falling off the stage' following his best actor win for Bohemian Rhapsody
- Red carpet rivals! Ashley Graham, Karlie Kloss, Hailey Baldwin and Rita Ora lead the glamour at the star-studded Fashion Awards 2017
- Adele's $10.65million Beverly Hills mansion is just FEET AWAY from estranged husband Simon Konecki's equally-lavish pad... following their split after seven years as a couple
Police officer's viral video shines spotlight on homeless singer's talent and her difficult situation have 361 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.