With the rapidly increasing occurrence of the police abusing individuals and ignoring their civil rights, everyone needs to be aware of what their rights are and how to protect them. No longer do the First and Fourth Amendments provide the freedoms and protection the founding fathers intended. Freedom of religion, speech, to gather and engage in peaceful demonstrations are no longer protected rights, nor is the right to be safe from unreasonable searches and seizures in our homes, cars, and places of business. The police no longer consider themselves pubic servants, but public masters who are above the laws. Their motto has been perverted from protect and serve to that of harass and intimidate.As in the cases of the UCLA student who was tazered multiple times by the police to the New York City undercover officers who turned a city street into a shooting gallery, these officers excuse their behavior under the banner of self-defense and expect the public to blindly accept their word in spite of valid physical evidence to the contrary. They are arrogant enough to believe that their word will not or should not be questioned. However, when they are confronted and complaints are filed, they harass… Read full this story
- US Justice Department Releases Scathing Report on Chicago Police Abuse
- How Police Unions and Arbitrators Keep Abusive Cops on the Street
- How Successful Is Seattle's Policy To Limit Police Force?
- Chicago Police Removed From School for Using Stun Gun on 16-Year-Old, but She’s the One Facing Charges
- Police Documents Detail Another Time Michigan State Failed To Stop Larry Nassar
- Compensation body told Rotherham abuse victim she 'consented'
- Michigan State Can't Bury Its Role In The Largest Sex Abuse Scandal In Sports History
- Online abuse of disabled people is getting worse – when will it be taken seriously?
- Kolkata schools look to form panel to deal with abuse plaints
- An 18-Year-Old Said She Was Raped While In Police Custody. The Officers Say She Consented.
- Vatican opens landmark sex abuse summit
- Nuns fight sexual abuse in India's Catholic Church
Police Abuse: Simple Guidelines to Protect Yourself have 334 words, post on ezinearticles.com at December 24, 2006. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.