KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has expressed hope that Ponggal that will be celebrated until next Monday can foster unity and togetherness among the Malaysian Family (Keluarga Malaysia). He hoped that the harvest festival would bring prosperity and open up new opportunities for all Malaysians. "I wish Happy Ponggal to all members of Keluarga Malaysia who are celebrating," he said in a statement on Facebook. He said the festival is celebrated as a sign of gratitude for life and nature that provides sustenance, adding that the saying Thai Pirandhal Vazhi Pirakkum often mentioned in connection with the festival meant "the beginning of Thai (month) opens up new opportunities". Ponggal falls in the 10th month of the Tamil calendar, called Thai, and is a major celebration, especially for the farming community. MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong said the peace, harmony and unity in diversity that the Malaysian Family enjoyed was a blessing to be thankful for. Wishing those celebrating the festival a Happy Ponggal, he said in a Facebook post: "May you all continue to be blessed with sustenance, good health and happiness with your loved ones." The Transport Minister said hopefully, with the… Read full this story
- Oklahoma State seeks unity on Spain trip
- Everything you need to know: Week 4
- Former AFC official commends Bin Hammam life ban
- How remain failed: the inside story of a doomed campaign
- NFL Week 5 Cheat Sheet
- NFL Week 8 Cheat Sheet
- US has plenty of medal prospects in smaller sports
- Week 1 losses: Who should panic?
- Ravens defense shows its dominance
- EMU brings back Indian logo, despite criticism
- Pellegrini would be right fit at City
- Combine aftershocks jostle mock draft
PM hopes Ponggal will foster unity among Keluarga Malaysia have 278 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.