PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Over 400 members of the Row House Film Club have made their voices heard and voted on the best movies of the year. Members of the film club were able to vote for any film released in 2019, not just those nominated for Oscar awards. The Pittsburgh Film Club awards winners were as follows: Best Documentary Award: Honeyland (from Macedonia) Best Animated Feature: I Lost My Body (from France) Best Actor: (non-gendered acting category): Adam Sandler — Uncut Gems Best Director: Greta Gerwig — Little Women Best Picture: Parasite (from South Korea) “Pittsburghers are excited to have their voices heard in choosing the best films of the year. Parasite felt so universal, it’s exciting to see a film from South Korea translate so well to the US. Bong Joon-ho is a brilliant filmmaker, and Pittsburghers overwhelmingly agreed that Parasite was the best film of the year,” says Film Club manager Delena Obermaier in a press release.
- The Best Movies We Saw at Sundance 2021
- The Best Movies Streaming in February to Celebrate Black History Month
- 2021 Sundance FIlm Festival’s Best Movies: From ‘CODA’ to Sharks to Rita Moreno
- Johnny Depp Returns, New Kristen Wiig Comedy: Best Movies and TV to Stream in February
- 36 best movies to watch on Netflix
- 36 of the best movies to watch on Netflix
- The 36 best movies to stream on Netflix
- Sundance Film Festival 2021 brings buzzy movie premieres straight to your home
- Sundance Film Festival 2021 streams buzzy movie premieres straight to your home
- The 10 best movies from Sundance Film Festival 2021
- The best movies and TV shows to stream on Neon this week
- The Witcher season 2 stops filming as members of production test positive for COVID-19
Pittsburgh Film Club Members Vote For Best Movies Of The Year have 270 words, post on pittsburgh.cbslocal.com at February 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.