US Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Tuesday said it is not time to evacuate the coronavirus-stricken USS Theodore Roosevelt after the warship’s captain penned an unprecedented letter pleading for the Navy’s help in protecting its sailors from infection US Defense Secretary Mark Esper says it is not time to evacuate the coronavirus-stricken USS Theodore Roosevelt after the warship’s captain penned an unprecedented letter pleading for the Navy’s help in protecting its sailors from infection. The aircraft carrier was ordered to cease sail and docked in Guam last Thursday after 25 sailors on board tested positive for COVID-19. Since then, more than 100 members of the roughly 5,000-person crew have reportedly tested positive. Naval leaders have said they are working on plans to rotate some of the sailors off the ship and into isolation – emphasizing that a full evacuation will not happen because it needs to be prepared to go to battle at any moment. In a four-page letter to Navy top brass that was leaked on Tuesday, Captain Brett Crozier warned that the outbreak aboard the vessel is accelerating and asked that over 4,000 sailors be removed and put in isolation. ‘We are not at war. Sailors do not… Read full this story
- The Latest: Erdogan rejects call for ceasefire in Syria
- Republicans buckle to Trump on Syria
- How Japan Can Finally Say "No"
- The Red Zone - Chapter 1 From "Democrats in the Red Zone" 2007
- Grits and Sweat I - A Series of Baroque Philosophical Documents Based Upon Objective Observations
- 'He's the most corrupt president in all our history!' Joe Biden tears into Donald Trump as 12 2020 Democrats take to the stage for primary debate - with field united in slamming president and backing impeachment
PICTURED: USS Roosevelt docked in Guam after Defense Secretary Mark Esper publicly disagreed with the captain's call to immediately evacuate warship because of a coronavirus outbreak and admitted he didn't read his letter pleading for help have 283 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.