The Chinese embassy in Manila released a propaganda music video this weekend depicting China and the Philippines as working together toward a “shared future” in “one sea” or “Iisang Dagat,” in the Philippine language, referring to the disputed South China Sea.Thousands of Filipinos expressed their disapproval of the video over the weekend, which followed shortly after Manila filed two diplomatic complaints against Beijing on April 22 for recent aggressions toward the Philippines in the contested waterway, Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) reported on Monday. China attempted to disguise the video as a coronavirus unity message, depicting Chinese-Filipino cooperation in the fight against the pandemic. In the video end credits, the Chinese embassy says the song is “dedicated to those who contributed to our fight against the [coronavirus] epidemic from both countries, especially the China Medical Expert Team [that visited] the Philippines,” referring to a dozen medical personnel sent to the Philippines by China on April 5 to assist with efforts to contain the virus. In the video, the Chinese embassy describes the joint effort as “demonstrating a new era partnership of mutual support during trying times and the vision of building a community with a shared future for mankind advocated by… Read full this story
- Vietnam to raise South China Sea situation in security dialogue with India
- OVL seeks 2-yr extension for exploring Vietnamese oil block in South China Sea
- China’s aggressive new move in the South China Sea brings region closer to brink of war
- France, Britain Sending Ships to Challenge Beijing’s Claims in South China Sea
- Beijing Takes South China Sea Issue Off the Table in Relations With US
- Beijing Warns US Against 'Showing Off Force' in S China Sea
- Philippines to Defend Interest in S China Sea Despite Improved Ties With Beijing
- US Calls Deployment of Chinese Coast Guard Ships Near Indian Oil Block in S China Sea 'Escalation'
- Beijing Warns US Over B-1 Bomber Flying Over East China Sea
- How Asia's official maps promote propaganda
- China undermining regional security: US lawmakers
- Ex-Philippine official warns of `tragedy’ if US pact ends
Philippines Infuriated by Chinese South China Sea Propaganda Video have 334 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 27, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.