Coverage on this live blog has ended. Please click here for the latest updates. The United Nations confirmed that the evacuation of civilians from the steel plant in Mariupol was underway Sunday just hours after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., led a small congressional delegation to meet with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv. On Sunday evening, regional Gov. Pavlo Kyrylenko reported in a Telegram post that four civilians were killed and 11 more were injured by Russian shelling in the Donetsk region. Kyrylenko also said it was impossible to determine the number of victims in Mariupol and the town of Volnovakha, which is controlled by pro-Kremlin separatists. A U.N. humanitarian spokesperson told The Associated Press on Sunday that the effort to bring people out of the sprawling Azovstal steel plant was being undertaken with the International Committee for the Red Cross in coordination with Ukrainian and Russian officials. Hours earlier, Pelosi and her delegation met with Zelenskyy. “We are visiting you to say thank you for your fight for freedom,” she said in a video Zelenskyy's office posted on Telegram early Sunday. “Your fight is a fight for everyone, and so our commitment is to be there for you… Read full this story
- Federal workers line up for free meals, visit food banks as shutdown hits Day 28
- Nancy Pelosi seen chatting to lawmakers WITHOUT Covid mask just hours after warning against similar behavior
- House GOP leader to meet with Capitol officer hurt on Jan. 6
- "Lock her up" chant re-emerges at Ohio Trump rally as Jim Jordan attacks Nancy Pelosi
- Bill Clinton Visits Capitol Hill to Rally Democrats on Health Care
- The Hill's Morning Report - Bidens to visit Surfside, Fla., collapse site
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Senators, White House to meet on potential infrastructure deal
- Nancy Pelosi to visit Lancashire town for G7 Speakers’ summit
- House GOP Leader To Meet With Capitol Officer Hurt On Jan. 6
- Chuck Schumer says an angry Donald Trump stormed out of shutdown meeting, president calls it "total waste of time"
- Pelosi's new House rules are gender-neutral, curtail GOP's ability to force 'gotcha' votes
- Coronavirus government response updates: Pelosi defends slamming Trump over weight, taking unproven drug
Pelosi visits Kyiv to meet with Zelenskyy have 362 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at May 2, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.