Patna: The elections to the post of president and vice president of Patna University have been declared null and void, as per media reports. The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) had swept the PU Students’ Union polls held in February 2018. On the other hand, the student wing of JD(U), had failed to make a major its presence felt. It had contested the elections separately for all posts. Independent candidate Divyanshu Bharadwaj, who was earlier with the ABVP, was declared elected PUSU president. He had defeated Gautam Kumar, the Chhatra Jan Adhikar Party candidate. Divyanshu had got 1862 votes and Gautam had secured 1750 votes. ABVP’s Yoshita Patwardhan of Magadh Mahila College was elected vice president, She had defeated her nearest rival Anushka Arya of All India Students’ Association-All India Students’ Federation. Yoshita had secured 1768 votes and Anushka could only secure 915 votes. ABVP’s Sudhanshu Kumar Jha, Patna Science College student, was elected general secretary. He defeated his nearest rival Manish Yadav (independent). Sudhanshu secured 1647 votes and Manish got 1467 votes. On the other hand, Chhatra Jan Adhikar Party’s Azad Chand, a student of Patna College, was declared elected joint secretary. He defeated nearest rival Rajiv Ranjan of ABVP by a margin of 150… Read full this story
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- The Latest: Liberia declares George Weah president-elect
- Student journalists discuss their experiences covering college sports
- Weah maintains lead in Liberia election’s early results
- The writing on the wall that could spell disaster for Erdoğan in Istanbul election
- NFL in action: How President Obama inspired a new wave of athlete activism
- WWE Hall of Famer Booker T on racial inequality, Colin Kaepernick and the election
- Why David Robinson’s son gave up football at Notre Dame
- Speaker Ryan: Voters Don’t Care About Wage Gains
- Six years later, Penn State is still at war over the Sandusky scandal
- MMQB: On Randy Moss, equality and commencement speeches
- How college basketball money made Louisville, and then wrecked it
Patna University Students’ polls: Elections of president, vice president declared null and void have 322 words, post on zeenews.india.com at March 13, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.