“The US administration’s failure to pass the draft resolution accusing the Palestinian side [of inciting violence] and exonerating the Israeli side from crimes committed against the Palestinian people and encouraging it to commit more crimes proves again the force of the Palestinian right and the Palestinian leadership’s success at the global level,” government spokesman Yousef Mahmoud said. Hamas, in turn, called the resolution’s rejection a “slap in the face” to the US authorities. The decision of the UNGA was also hailed by Fatah, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). READ MORE: UN Must Either Pass Anti-Hamas Resolution or Lose Credibility — US Envoy Haley © AFP 2019 / Jewel SAMADResolution Condemning Hamas for Firing Rockets Into Israel Fails in UNThe day before, the resolution failed to receive the necessary two-thirds majority — the final vote count was 87-57 in favour, with 33 abstentions. Russia was one of the countries that opposed the document. The latest wave of violence in Gaza erupted on 3 December after a Hamas commander was killed in a covert Israeli operation. Since then, Gaza militants have fired at least 460 rockets at Israel, and Israeli forces have carried out airstrikes on 160 targets in Gaza. One militant rocket attack killed a Palestinian worker in the West Bank, while Israel’s strikes have killed at least seven Palestinians.
- U.S. condemns rocket strikes on Israel as Iran, Turkey, Arabs rally around Palestinians
- As pressure mounts for a cease-fire, Hamas lays down its conditions and the missiles and rockets keep flying
- U.S. vetoes U.N. Jerusalem resolution, designed to reverse Trump recognition
- Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez defends Ilhan Omar, asks where resolutions are condemning homophobia, racism and xenophobia
- Linda Sarsour Takes Credit For House’s Weakened Anti-Semitism Resolution
- UN committee passes 16th resolution to improve North's human rights situation
- UN passes resolution on North Korea human rights for 16 years in a row
- Hamas calls for Iran-Saudi unity, Israel issues warning to any who join foes
- Israel strikes Hamas targets as Gaza conflict continues
- McCarthy condemns Marjorie Taylor Greene for comparing vaccine requirements to Holocaust
- China says people of Xinjiang happier despite condemnation over camps
- Why India-Israel partnership is about surviving coming storms
Palestine Hails Rejection of US-Drafted Resolution Condemning Hamas in UNGA have 354 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.