ISLAMABAD – Anadolu Agency Pakistan’s ruling party has thanked Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Turkish people for extending support to its country. “We, as people of Pakistan, thank Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the Turkish people for their support in this difficult time,” Pakistan Tereek-e-Insaf (PTI) said in a Twitter message posted in Turkish language on March 4. “We are peaceful people and we don’t want war,” it added. On March 2, Erdoğan had said Turkey is ready to do its part to de-escalate tension between Pakistan and India. The Turkish president also hailed Pakistan’s move to hand over the captured Indian pilot and said he looks forward to seeing similar steps from India. On March 1, Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, an Indian pilot who became the face of escalating conflict between the nuclear-armed neighbors, was handed over to Indian authorities by Pakistan. Varthaman had been held in Pakistan after his aircraft was downed in a dogfight with Pakistani jets along the de facto Kashmir border. A day later, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan announced his release in a widely hailed gesture of goodwill. Turkey ready to do its part for Pakistan, India: Erdoğan Pakistan, Turkey, India
- Why Pakistan and India remain in denial 70 years on from partition
- Nawaz Sharif in the driving seat in battle to be Pakistan's PM
- Millions vote in Pakistan election after Quetta suicide blast
- Kashmir leaders placed under arrest amid security crackdown
- From the archive, 29 May 1998: Fury at Pakistan's nuclear tests
- Indian prime minister makes surprise stopover in Pakistan
- Indian PM: Pakistan will pay ‘heavy price’ for Kashmir bombing
- Pakistan to expel Indian high commissioner over Kashmir changes
- Pakistan returns Indian pilot shot down over Kashmir in 'peace gesture'
- Alumni rage over admissions reform at elite Pakistan English-language school
- India calls Pakistan a 'terrorist state' as 17 soldiers die in Kashmir
- Kashmir militant leader announced as head of new al-Qaida-linked cell
Pakistan's ruling party thanks Turkish leader, people have 308 words, post on www.hurriyetdailynews.com at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.