The ousted Malaysian prime minister, Najib Razak, has been prevented from leaving the country after appearing to attempt to take a flight to Indonesia. The country’s immigration department said in a brief statement on Saturday that Najib and his wife, Rosmah Mansor, have “just been blacklisted from leaving the country”. The statement came after a flight schedule had shown that Najib and his wife were due to take a private jet to Jakarta on Saturday morning. But Najib, who faces being investigated by the incoming government for alleged corruption, never appeared and the private jet, owned by Indonesian company Premiair, remained on the tarmac at Subang airport near Kuala Lumpur. Following the announcement of the ban, Najib said he and his family would respect it and stay in the country. “I have been informed that the Malaysian immigration department will not allow my family and me to go overseas,” Najib said in a tweet. “I respect the directive and will remain with my family in the country.” After the reports of his flight emerged on Friday night, dozens of people, accompanied by a large pack of journalists, had descended on the small airport just outside the capital in the early… Read full this story
- Theresa May offers cross-party talks after surviving bid to oust her as PM
- Theresa May faces vote which could oust her as Conservative leader
- Theresa May safe as Conservative Party leader after winning no confidence vote
- Populist leaders face mounting resistance, say global rights experts
- May to meet party leaders after government defeats no confidence vote
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Business leaders call for urgent action after Brexit defeat
- EU Prioritizes Prevention of Military Escalation in Venezuela
- Boris Johnson urges Theresa May to use Brexit to unite country
- The Economist calls Armenia “country of 2018"
- Theresa May offers cross-party talks as she survives attempt to oust her as PM
- The flaw in Donald Trump’s plan to oust Nicolás Maduro
- Attorney general seeks to bar Guaido from leaving Venezuela, freeze his assets
Ousted Malaysian leader Najib prevented from leaving country have 326 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 12, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.