The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said Thursday that 12 of its MLAs have been contacted by leaders in the BJP to break away from AAP and help topple the Delhi government. AAP national spokesperson Saurabh Bhardwaj said there was no danger to the Delhi government and all AAP MLAs had reiterated their commitment to the party and the people. Delhi News | AAP MLAs visit Rajghat to 'pray Gandhiji saves country from BJP's Op Lotus' All 62 MLAs were called to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal 's house at 11 am on Thursday. Seven of them, including Manish Sisodia and Assembly speaker Ram Niwas Goel, did not attend as they were not in the city. While Satyendar Jain is in jail in a case related to alleged money laundering, Amanatullah Khan could not reach because of traffic congestion but spoke to the CM on video call, Bhardwaj said. "In the meeting, 12 MLAs said that they have been contacted by someone or the other from the BJP to break away from AAP. All MLAs said that we would stay with the party till our last breath. I declare that BJP's Operation Lotus to break the Delhi government has failed. All… Read full this story
- Amid drama, 2 Wilmington Housing board members quit
- Lawmakers' dues to party: 'Extortion' or team effort?
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis’ relationship is on the rocks, says insider
- Meet Eric Holcomb, the Republicans' new candidate for Indiana governor
- ‘Homeownership was a mirage’: How home buyers say their American dream became a nightmare
- Budget debate explodes in House, Republicans storm out
- Trump says Syria attack 'crossed a lot of lines'; Tillerson, Haley blame Russia
- Mexican leader congratulates US - but not Trump
- Election to obstruction: The many tentacles of the Trump-Russia investigation
- Stricter policies for Newark bars aim for safety
- Former Stanford QB Brett Nottingham emerges from the shadows to lead the Columbia Lions
- AtTAcK Addiction, Connections partner to open recovery home
‘Operation Lotus has failed’: AAP MLAs meet at Arvind Kejriwal’s house, party says 12 MLAs contacted by BJP have 318 words, post on indianexpress.com at August 25, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.