On this day in 1959, America’s then-President Eisenhower came to Karachi to watch live Test match between Australia and Pakistan. Eisenhower is the only American President to watch a Test Match live in Pakistan. He witnessed a single day of the Test match where Pakistan scored 104-5 in front of him. PCB took to Twitter and recalled the special occasion as it tweeted “#OnThisDay in 1959, at Karachi, the only American President to watch a Test Match live in Pakistan. President Eisenhower came to see Pakistan score 104-5 against Australia.” https://twitter.com/TheRealPCB/status/1336197086644236293 It was the third Test match of the series between the two nations as Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first. Opener Imtiaz Ahmed failed to score big and was dismissed by Davidson on just 18. While Hanif Mohammad and Saeed Ahmed shared a crucial 88-run stand for the second wicket. Hanif scored 51 runs while Saeed missed his century was dismissed on 91. Ijaz Butt also played a crucial knock off 58 as Pakistan posted 287 on the scoreboard in first innings. It was the debut match for Pakistan’s Munir Malik and Intikhab Alam Pakistan’s Fazal Mahmood shone with the ball and claimed a five-wicket haul… Read full this story
- ENG vs PAK, 1st Test: Where And When To Watch LIVE Telecast, Online Streaming Of Old Trafford Test
- ENG vs WI, 2nd Test: When, Where To Watch LIVE Telecast And Streaming Of Old Trafford Test
- England vs India: Final test match called off at Old Trafford over COVID-19 concerns
- England vs India live stream: How to watch 5th Test cricket online from anywhere
- Proposed Test could be one-off, says ECB CEO Harrison
- ENG vs PAK, 1st Test: Pakistan Bat First Against England After Skipper Azhar Ali Wins Toss In Old Trafford
- England are expecting the final Test to go ahead: Jos Buttler
- Team India cricketers refused to play fifth Test against England, says BCCI president Sourav Ganguly
- Indian players test negative for COVID-19, 5th Test likely to go ahead
- India vs England 5th Test: Forfeited, cancelled or rescheduled?
- It’s pitch perfect for Test cricket
- Windies Have Improved Considerably As Test Outfit, Can Win Against Top Sides In Longer Format: Holder
On This Day in 1959, America's President Eisenhower Watched Live Test Match in Pakistan have 355 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.