At 35 weeks pregnant, Mary Agyapong longed to hold her baby – but that moment never came. After being rushed to hospital with Covid-19, Mary’s baby was born by C-section. She could not hold her in case she passed on the virus. Mary, a nurse, died five days later without ever cuddling her daughter, who was named after her tragic mum. Today husband Ernest Boateng, 30, tells how the couple’s three-year-old son heartbreakingly asks when he can go to heaven to see his mummy. Ernest is pleading with the Government to shield every pregnant nurse if there is a second wave of Covid-19. In his first newspaper interview, Ernest said: “That Mary never got to hold her daughter is almost too painful to talk about. “I wasn’t allowed to be at the birth… the nurses took our baby away to another ward straight away, but sent photographs and videos to Mary. “She was delighted to have a daughter and I couldn’t wait to get them both home.” Ernest, who is training to be a human rights lawyer, now faces bringing up five-month-old Mary and big brother AJ alone. He said: “I’m all they’ve got so I have to be strong… Read full this story
- Hollywood actress Eva Longoria gives birth to first baby at age of 43
- Jeremy Kyle becomes a grandfather for the first time as his daughter gives birth to a baby girl called Isla
- Mum reveals reason why she didn't shower for a month after giving birth
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to a girl
- New mum makes it to Queen's for graduation just days after birth of her son
- Jacqueline Jossa gives birth to her second child with Dan Osborne
- Casey Bachelor shows off her ‘real body’ in a bikini in Marbella just four weeks after giving birth to baby Florence
- The favourite songs for British mums to give birth to have been revealed… and they’ll make you giggle
- What has Serena Williams called her baby, who is her husband Alexis Ohanian and when did she give birth?
- Khloe Kardashian reveals she is back in her size four jeans just SEVEN WEEKS after giving birth to daughter True
- Mum convinced she wasn’t pregnant after multiple negative tests gives birth on toilet – but her baby daughter dies 16 days later
- La. mom gives birth 3 days after finding out she's pregnant
Nurse dies of coronavirus days after giving birth - and never got to cuddle baby have 388 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.