A Norwegian court on Thursday found a man guilty of killing his stepsister and attacking a mosque in Oslo. The sentence of 21 years preventive detention is the longest allowed jail term under Norwegian law. Prosecutor Johan Oeverberg said the 22 year-old defendant had “proven to be an extremely dangerous person.” Philip Manshaus was charged with terrorism for opening fire at the Al-Noor Islamic Centre on August 10. He was also charged with shooting dead his 17-year-old stepsister Johanne Ihle-Hansen in the family home shortly before the mosque attack. Police said there was a racist motive to the murder. Ihle-Hansen was adopted from China when she was two years old. Her adoptive mother later married Manshaus’s father. Manshaus pleaded not guilty to the terror and murder charges against him, but admitted the facts of the case are true. Journalists and spectators had to watch the trial by video link due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. At one point, Manshaus reportedly exploded into a tirade of anti-Semitism and homophobia. In his concluding remarks, the attacker said he expected to be convicted and given a long sentence, “but I would like to point out to the judges that they are accomplices to the ongoing genocide… Read full this story
- World of Warcraft DDoS Attacker Sentenced a Year Behind Bars
- 21 years of the Slayer: How Buffy defined a generation of TV and movies
- John Romero creates a new DOOM level after 21 year hiatus
- Raja Koduri "Can’t Recall A Single Downhill Battle Fought In 21 Years", But How Will Intel GPUs Compete?
- 21 years after GoldenEye N64 came out, it's official: playing as Oddjob WAS cheating
- You can download John Romero's first new Doom level in 21 years right now
- John Romero Makes New Doom Level For the First Time In 21 Years
- Quake modders just built the most intricate map in the game's 21-year history
- Daybreak Games DDoS attacker gets two years in prison
- John Romero Released His First Doom Level in 21 Years Today
- After 21 years and countless games, the Touhou series arrives on Steam this month
- Rainbow Six Siege devs lay out their plan of attack for this year
Norway: Mosque attacker sentenced to 21 years 'preventive detention' have 355 words, post on www.dw.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.